How To Pack Pictures & Mirrors – The Right Way
Packing your household items can be stressful, especially when it comes to packing fragile items such as pictures and mirrors. You want to make sure they are packed securely and arrive safely at your new home. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to pack pictures and mirrors the right way.
1. Gather the Materials: Before starting, gather all the materials you will need to pack your pictures and mirrors. You will need bubble wrap, packing tape, packing paper, and a sturdy cardboard box that is bigger than your item.
2. Prepare your Pictures and Mirrors: Clean your pictures and mirrors with a soft cloth and make sure they are completely dry before packing. Remove any hanging hardware such as nails or hooks from the back. If the frame has glass, put a big X with masking tape over the glass. This will prevent the glass from shattering during the move.
3. Wrap Them in Bubble Wrap: Wrap the picture or mirror in a layer of bubble wrap. Make sure all the edges and corners are covered. Secure with packing tape but avoid taping on the front of your picture or mirror.
4. Use Packing Paper: After you have covered your picture or mirror with bubble wrap, use some packing paper to make a second layer around the item. This will offer extra padding to protect the item during transit.
5. Pack Them Safely: Once your picture or mirror is wrapped, place it in a sturdy cardboard box. Stuff extra packing paper around the sides of the item to keep it from moving around during the move. Seal the box with heavy-duty packing tape on the top and bottom. Label the box clearly as “Fragile” and “This Side Up.”
Packing pictures and mirrors can be a daunting task, but with the right materials and a little attention to detail, you can make sure they arrive at your new home the way you packed them. To reiterate, gather all the materials, prepare your items by cleaning and removing hanging hardware, wrap them in bubble wrap and packing paper, pack them carefully in a sturdy cardboard box, and label the box clearly. With these steps, you can ensure that your pictures and mirrors will be safe and sound during your move. Good luck!