5 Hacks to Ease Your Move
Moving is never an easy task. There’s the packing, the unpacking, the lifting, the carrying… it’s enough to make anyone want to pull their hair out. But there are a few hacks that can make your move just a little bit easier. Here are five of our favorites.
1. Use old newspapers to pack delicate items. This hack is twofold: it saves you from having to go out and buy packing paper, and it provides an extra layer of protection for your most fragile items. Just be s1ure to recycle the newspapers when you’re finished!
2. Put small items in plastic bags before packing them into boxes. This will help prevent them from getting lost in the shuffle and make unpacking a breeze.
3. Use garbage bags as makeshift suitcases for clothes. If you’re short on time (or patience), simply throw your clothes into garbage bags and call it a day. You can even leave them hanging in the closet and just pack them up as is! Just be sure to clearly label the bags so you know what goes where.
4. Use a laundry basket as a catch-all for loose items. Have a bunch of small items that don’t really fit anywhere? Toss them all in a laundry basket! This will also make unpacking easier since you won’t have to search through boxes for that one thing you need.
5. Make your bed on moving day. Trust us, this one will save you a lot of headaches (literally). After a long day of moving, the last thing you’ll want to do is make your bed. So do it first thing in the morning and enjoy a cozy night’s sleep in your new home sweet home.
Moving is never fun, but with these five hacks, it doesn’t have to be quite so daunting. From using old newspapers to packing delicate items to making your bed on moving day, these tips will help ease the stress of your move and make it just a little bit more bearable. So what are you waiting for? Get packing!